Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits
How do I qualify for CPE credits?
In order to qualify for maximum CPE credits being offered, the amount of CPE awarded to you will be dependent on two qualifications per session attended:
1. The amount of viewing time per session during each day of the event
2. The number of polling questions you answer during each day of the event
- Please be sure to attend the entire session and answer all polling questions to help ensure you receive the maximum CPE credits being offered for the virtual event.
- If you are late joining the session or leave the session early, you will not receive the maximum CPE credits.
- As each session is presented, there will be polling questions that must be answered. These are necessary to confirm your eligibility to receive CPE credit. Failure to respond to the polling questions will impact the number of CPE credits received.
- Polling questions will be announced during the session.
- To answer the polls, click on the corresponding polling buttons located below the video player and a pop-up window with the poll question will appear. This will be active for three (3) minute or until answered.
- You will receive your certificate of completion by email within six to eight weeks for the sessions you attended should all questions be answered.
How are CPE credits calculated in a virtual environment/webcast?
- CPE credit is awarded in in 0.2 increments after the first full hour (i.e., an accumulated viewing time of less than 50 minutes will qualify for 0 CPE credits, rather than 0.5 credit).
- Important: Your “accumulated viewing time” must occur during the session. Please take into account the minute or so that it may take you to log into the webcast. Time prior to the start of the webcast (i.e., while the countdown clock is running) or after the end of the webcast does not qualify.
- CPE verification polling questions are question and response options that appear during the webcast every 12 to 14 minutes. Pop-up blockers must be disabled for the polls to function properly. To answer the polls, click on the corresponding polling buttons located below the video player and a pop-up window with the poll question will appear. This will be active for three (3) minute or until answered.
I experienced technical or logistical difficulties during the live webcast, or I had to log off and back on during the webcast. Can I still qualify for CPE credit?
- Yes – if you still meet the minimum viewing time and poll requirements per session listed above. As a member of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, webcasts must adhere to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy’s guidelines. We use online participation time and poll responses to prove that each participant has actively participated for the duration of a virtual learning event.
- Due to these strict regulatory guidelines, we are unable to grant CPE credit when technical or logistical difficulties affect eligibility. You may not receive CPE credit if you did not completely meet the eligibility requirements listed above even if technical issues contributed to ineligibility. If you encounter technical difficulties during a session, please click the “Chat” button located on the lower right hand corner for assistance. Please identify the session you are attending and the issue.
I responded to the poll questions using the “Q&A” box located below the video player. Can I still qualify for CPE credit?
- Polls must be responded to using the polls that pop up over the video player. Responses submitted using the “Q&A“ box, chat or via email do not qualify.
- If you encounter technical difficulties during a session, please click the “Chat” button located on the lower right hand corner for assistance. Please identify the session you are attending and the issue.